Thursday, December 2, 2010

Pen Pals

Write a response to one of the following pen pals and e-mail it to me at ptdworkin-cantor@cps.edu for class credit. I will forward it on to Christ's School in Nigeria.


 Letter 1


I am Abioye Sola. I am in grade12 in Christ’s School Ado Ekiti, Ekiti State ,Nigeria, W/Africa. I am dark in complexion. My best subject is Biology. I’m a Christian. My hobbies are games and charting. My friends call me CAFU.

My country, Nigeria is the most populous country in Africa. Nigeria is a country with cities and towns, having the biggest city in W/Africa as Ibadan. Our culture is unique and rich expressed in languages, dressing and food .Nigeria is blessed with mineral resources such as Gold, Petroleum, Coal and so on

My country is blessed with fertile lands which have proved the country as one of the highly rated exporting countries in the world. Cash crops like cocoa, cotton, groundnut, coffee etc. are being exported.

A renowned Nobel laurel, Prof.Wole  Soyinka is from Nigeria. Others from Africa are Dr Ben Carson, Barrack Obama, the first black America to become the president of United States of America. For every cloud there is silver lining, Nigeria’s politics is not encouraging and politicians both past and present are not promising. Graduates are not employed; armed robbery is rampant as a result of this .Industries is not functioning up to expectation as a result of epileptic power supply and irregular water supply. Strike is the tone of workers before their request could be granted.

I like playing football when I am less busy. My future ambition is to become a       surgeon and my role model is Dr. Ben Carson. Who is your role model and why?

I wish to know more about your school and the education policy you’re using.

Bye till I hear from you.

Abioye Sola,
Christ’s School,Ado Ekiti,Nigeria.



Letter 2


My name is Afolabi Bamidele. My friends call me AFOBAM.I am in grade 11 at christ’s school. I am a male by gender, I am chocolate in skin color. My hobbies are reading, browsing the web and traveling. I am a Christian by religion. My future ambition is to become a medical doctor.

Nigeria is located on lat 15 north of the equator with an estimated population of 140 millions citizens all in its 36 states. It runs a parliamentary system of government. The educational system is 6-3-3-4.i.e 6 tears in primary school, 3years in both junior and senior secondary schools and 4 years at the tertiary institution.
            Corruption is found in every sectors in my country. There is insecurity all over. Miscreants and hooligans all around. There is unemployment; many graduates are roaming about the streets. There are highway robbers and cases of assassinations.
Citizens are lawless and violence, most drivers are reckless. Nigerians are selfish; they don’t want you to be like them. The rich don’t want the poor to be someone in live.

            In Nigeria you would see a politician taking home millions of Naira while a teacher has only a thousand to be taken home as his or her salary. Citizens are desperate to get money in their great love for excessive materials. Poverty has spread like fire in Nigeria and only will you see an average Nigerian eating up to three square meals per day.
            Unstable power supply and lack of good roads is a factor affecting the size of industry in Nigeria. Poor conservation of available resources will not be over looked.
            Well, what is the hope of our people? Is there a future? I strongly believe that there must be a way out. Where there is a will, there is a way. I am sure that all these social evils will be eradicated. In spite of all these social evils, Nigeria is still blessed with a variety of resources. Nigeria is part of the top nations that supply crude oil. There are various tourist centers where wild life could be seen. Nigerians have done well in areas of sports. Nigerians have many future talented athletes and great footballers worldwide e.g. John Obi Mikel. 

Hope to hear from you later.

Afolabi Bamidele,
Christ’s School,Ado Ekiti,Nigeria.

No comments:

Post a Comment