Start at Biodiversity 911
Read through each section and answer the following questions on a separate sheet to turn in by 2/25
2. Describe the three levels of diversity. (don't just list them, explain what they are too)
• The Gene Scene
3. Give some examples of genetic traits in humans.
4. Why do you think genetic diversity is important for a species?
• Culture and Nature
5. How do you think that nature - the environment in which a particular group of people live- affects culture? (culture includes things like attitudes, ways of life, religion, clothing, art, music, technology)
• A Watery World
6. Why are wetlands, mangroves and other watery ecosystems important for the planet?
• The Big Picture
7. Draw a diagram that shows the big picture of biodiversity. Be sure to include how the three levels of diversity interact.
• Countless Connections
8. Give an example of how, if one species becomes extinct, another species may also become extinct.
• So What?
9. When you click on "So What" you get more links. Please read through these links and select ONE to write about. Write a short paragraph explaining why the link you chose demonstrates the importance of protecting biodiversity.
Your reading assignment for this unit is: